Friday, July 16, 2010

Best Friends Forever

Sometimes I am absolutely astonished. The day before yesterday was one of those days.

After work, I noticed that I had a voicemail. The message says, "Hey, it's just me. Haven't heard from you in awhile. I thought we were best friends forever. Give me a call when you get a minute."

hmm. Now that's interesting. I got a card from her after Mike died with a pretty generous donation. Her husband showed up at my house about a week later to give his condolences. Then nothing. Amost 8 months. Nada. Best friends forever.

Fortunately for me, I really do have best friends forever. Two of them are my girls. The rest watch over me like hawks. They moved furniture to the 3rd floor when Mary and the kids were coming home. They helped me paint. They took me out to dinner. They paid for the lunch after the service.

I didn't call her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment