I'm just days away from the 3 year Thanksgiving anniversary of Mike's death. And I'm ok. In fact, I really am grateful these days:
- For my kids who put off their own grief so they could (in my mind) wrap me in bubble wrap so I wouldn't hurt myself in MY grief. They never left my side. They cried with me, hugged me when I collapsed on the floor, and let me cry/scream/bitch whenever the mood struck (which...well you get it).
- For our friends. Some were with me within minutes of my phone call. Some came later, and stayed with me for days and some for weeks.
- For my dogs (who get me out of the house whether I like it or not).
- For my adorable grandkids. No explanation required.
- For Facebook (yup, I mean it).
- For Wine! Hey. Whatever works.
There's so much more, and my list could go on and on. But, I'll spare you. :)