Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Notebook

No, not the movie. 

I carried one around for months.  I just found it tucked away in a drawer, and I must say...it's a good thing I had it at the very beginning because I didn't know my own name...never mind who I talked to about the life insurance.

I do remember thinking that I just couldn't hold onto any information.  Nothing.  Nada.  That notebook went with me everywhere and seemed, at times, to be an extension of my arm.

In that notebook, I wrote down a couple of things:

Sam e
Vitamin B
Vitamin D

These were the things my counselor thought would be a good addition to my depleted body.  When I look back on that time, these few little "natural" pills made a lot of sense.   They certainly weren't a cure-all for that intense pain, but they were more of a support for my brain.  And let's face it, when you're dealing with that kind of pain, you need all the support you can get.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment