Thursday, October 25, 2012

Depression and Happy Pills

Lately, my mood has been pretty dark.  I don't know if I'm still recovering from an illness I had recently or if it's something more sinister.  I've been missing my old life a lot, and wondering how I can possibly sustain the stressful one I'm living.  I know I did it to myself.  Having mom living with me and feeling a huge financial burden are not making things easier.

I used to think that you could "talk yourself out of it".  My journal shows that I've been trying to do that for weeks now...listing all the things I'm grateful for, things that make me happy, all love and flowers.  And I'm still feeling a smallness in my life.  I don't like it.

I've mentioned before that I don't much like medical intervention with prescription pills, so I'm trying something that worked before.  SAM-e.  I've tried St. John's Wort only to find myself needing more sleep and feeling very drowsy during the day.  Today is Day 2 on my version of Happy Pills.  Too soon to tell if they'll help.  I'll keep you posted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment