Monday, March 8, 2010

Did I say Easy?

I thought the remodel of mom's room would be easy. Yeah, right.

I own a very old 2-family home. One of my sons lives downstairs with his family, and the room under my mom's belongs to his daughter. Somehow, we (me, and my 2 boys) decided that we should just do it right. So, the walls in both bedrooms have been taken down, we've hired an electrician to run new wiring, new windows will be installed in both rooms, and the outside walls will be insulated.

I can hear Mike "Why do you want to do that? I don't know why you just don't sell and get the hell out." He would then realize that I never listened to him before so why would I start now.

All of this work will push back mom's ability to use the room of course. So, I may have her move in to another room temporarily.

The second condo didn't work out. The asking price was ridiculous and didn't give me much negotiation power. When it's right, it's right...and this one wasn't.

Exactly one week before I return to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment