Wednesday, June 30, 2010

7 months later

June 26 was 7 months. I managed to keep it quiet. For some reason, I didn't want to tell anyone that another month had gone by. It was our little secret. Maybe the kids knew. Maybe not. Maybe none of us wanted to remind the others. I don't know.

So, in this 7th month, I went on a job interview and got the job. It's part-time which suits me fine. Monday thru Friday, 9:00 - 1:00 starting on the 12th of July. The interview was great until my future boss asked what my husband thinks about my traveling 50 miles for training. ugh. So, I told him. I was pretty sure he felt pretty crummy...but hey...got the job anyways.

I'm pretty sure the 4th of July will be brutal. We hold our annual family reunion on that day and Mike was always a big part of the "job" we do. Then, the following Saturday is the annual pig roast at camp. Mike and Timmy would wake up at 4 a.m. to put the pig on the spit. One year, Mike hid the pig the night before...then he woke up late. Oh the fiasco he caused. He was such a funny guy.

Seven months. 7. shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment