Saturday, May 14, 2011

Like a double hit...to the gut

Mother's Day...Mike's Birthday. sigh.

I thought I was fine. Really...it's been almost 18 months now. I got through Mother's Day without too much trouble. It was still a little painful, but I managed. So, I start thinking his birthday will be ok. I didn't plan for it...no special little memorial...no party...no friends over (like last year). So, the day rolls around...and WHAM! I woke up crying!! I got dressed crying! I ate breakfast crying! I got in the car to go to work crying! I hit traffic on the way in and cried like it was the biggest disaster I'd ever had to deal with. I turned the car around and came back home.

I then spent the better part of his birthday in bed or on the back porch wrapped in a blanket, sipping tea, and trying to read a book or listen to my ipod. In the end, it was the perfect way to spend his birthday.

Still miss ya Mikey.

No comments:

Post a Comment