Monday, October 10, 2011

So, This is It?

This summer, I met a guy at camp.  He's also widowed and we spent a couple of evenings doing stuff together.  I think we both enjoyed the company.  He travels around the country working in campgrounds...no home, no worries, no roots.  Last month, he took off (alone) for the promise of warmer weather with a stop on the way to visit family.   He posts pictures of the places he visits (and he's a fantastic photographer).  And I wonder...am I missing something?

Here I am, living in an old house (needing work), putting in my time at work, and living in the same town I was born in...close by kids (hell, one of them still lives in this old house), mom (yup, she's here too), grandkids, dogs, and friends.  Nope.  I'm not missing anything (except maybe a smile from the other side of the table).  

No comments:

Post a Comment