Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving in Year 2

Here we go again.  Another year almost complete.  This year, I'm a little sad.  Mostly grateful.  When I look back from here, I can't believe how completely and totally my life has changed.  From here, it looks like the big bang...an explosion that sent me reeling.  But, from the very beginning, I was surrounded by my family and friends.  I can never thank them enough.  Some were there within minutes, some were there within hours.  And then, there are the friends who came along much later.  They are the ones who made me realize that it's ok to laugh and to keep living.

This week, 2 families I know will be having funerals on the day before Thanksgiving.  Their lives forever changed.   I want them to know that someday...maybe 2 years from now...they will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment