Sunday, April 25, 2010

The First Night

I finally did it...stayed overnight at camp. Of course, I wasn't about to do that all by myself...so my son Jason and his family stayed with me. It was odd. I spent most of the time choking down the tears and expected to see Mike everytime I turned a corner. This makes it real. He's gone and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why. The people who camp there on a regular basis were so nice. Did that make it better? I don't know. Nothing makes it better I guess.

I brought Mike's ashes up there with me. Not sure why...only that he loved it there. I will need to make a decision on what to do with those ashes at some point. For now, he can stay there...in the place that he loved.

I'm tired...and feel totally disengaged from life.

No comments:

Post a Comment