Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm Here for You

"I'm here for you". Oh, if I had a dollar for every time that was said to me...in emails, on facebook, or over the phone.

That has got to be the most annoying statement anyone can make. Obviously, if the statement is being made any place other than to your face, the person stating it is not "here for you."

The one I get the biggest kick out of is the one that was said by a very close family member. It goes something like this (to another family member): "I feel so bad for her. I won't go there now, but I will be there when she REALLY needs me." Huh? My husband just died...on Thanksgiving...my daughter is brain damaged in a hospital across the country...and you're going to wait until I REALLY need you? Seriously...dumb ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment