Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Guilt-free Gratefulness

When I look back over the last year, I realize that I am truly grateful. Of course, my kids have been wonderful. I don't know what I would have done without them. I once told my counselor that I felt like they surrounded me...me in the middle...and them in a circle around me...holding cushions.

But, I'm also grateful for some truly wonderful friends. They helped me paint the rooms when Mary came home, offered financial assistance (and counseling), showed up at wine nights, cleaned out my refrigerator when the power went out (ugh), helped me set up and close up camp, showed up when they knew I was alone and sad, cried with me, and always waited to see what I wanted to do first. They keep me in the loop, and for that, I am most grateful.

Sometimes I feel guilty about being grateful, but not about this. In the end, it's all about who you love and who loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment