Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Here We Go

Although officially it's November 26, for me, one year is really Thanksgiving Day...the 4th Thursday of the month.

On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, one year ago, Mike and I walked in the rain. I didn't want to. He did. I tried to tell him it was raining. He said it was only a light mist. By the time we got back home, I was drenched. He wore rain gear. I'm so glad that I walked in the rain with him.

I can't believe it's been a year since the last time I saw him. It's like a really bad joke..."ok Mike...that's enough...get your ass back here." Sometimes I swear I can hear him. I still miss him so much. I still find myself crying...like now...at 4 a.m.

I think today may be the worst day...by Thanksgiving, he was already gone. I remember every minute of the day before...meeting him at Kim's at lunch time, watching him teach Gianna how to spell "green", walking in the rain, and his last phone call asking me if apple juice can give you heartburn. I told him I would look it up and let him know tomorrow. shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment