Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mom and Food

I am a nutcase about "real" food. As a matter of fact, I want "real" in every part of my life. Since Mike died, it's almost a fanatical thing for me. I even make my own bath products. If I can't eat it, I don't want to use it on my body. The same with my household products. There's nothing wrong with baking soda and vinegar for cleaning most things and olive oil works great for dusting.

When I go to the grocery store, I read labels on things. My bread is organic and has a list of about 7 ingredients. I bake organic brownies and make my own hot fudge sauce with organic chocolate.

So...imagine my delight when mom went to the grocery store with Catie and came back with Mrs. Freshley's Swiss Rolls!



Well, it must be good...it's Mrs. Freshley's. The back of the box states "Moist, wholesome and delicious...the finest high quality snack foods available to you and your family." right. There is no "real food" in this stuff. High Quality my ass.

If you're ever wondering about whether or not something is good for you...read the label. This one goes on forever and there isn't very much I can pronounce (which is never a good thing).
My "all natural" home is slowly losing that status. Ok...it's not so slow. We now have all kinds of unnatural stuff lurking around here. The grandkids come over and think it's a free-for-all while I'm trying to push apples and pears.

No comments:

Post a Comment