Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Condo

So, shortly after Mike died, I saw an ad for a condo that had been foreclosed on and was now up for sale. It was a great deal, so I put an offer on it and it is now all mine.

Initially, I thought I would live in it myself. After thinking about it, I've decided to stay in the home that I owned with Mike and rent out the condo. The house that Mike & I owned together is a 2-family house, so I'm used to being a landlord.

I'm lucky that I have 2 very handy sons. They have been working on the place diligently. Not that it needed major renovation, but the walls were in need of some repair and paint, the cabinets needed updating, and the carpets needed to be replaced.

I've already managed to get it rented out for the 1st of March, so the boys have been really busting their butts to get it all done.

It will be nice to have another source of income. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment