Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life Energy

It's 2 a.m. Once again, sleep eludes me.

Our daughter and 2 grandchildren are going home today. Across the country...coast to coast.

Twenty seven days before Mike died, our daughter was in a horrific car accident. We didn't think she'd make it. There were so many things wrong with her that the kidney and liver damage were considered minor. Her brain was damaged, her aorta torn, and her carotid artery compressed.

On Thanksgiving Day, the day he died...while the police were still investigating...we got a call on the cell phone telling us that she was doing so much better. She was starting show clear understanding and was beginning to speak. It was her birthday.

It's like he gave up his life energy for her. It makes me so sad. I wouldn't have wanted him to do that. We were supposed to get old together and spend our retirement years annoying each other. Now, it's all on me.

I'm glad she's well enough to go home. I wish he could come home too.

No comments:

Post a Comment