Saturday, January 29, 2011

Widow is not spelled S.T.U.P.I.D

Here comes another Facebook rant. Hahaha. I'm outa control.

I get these dumb messages from weird men who are "prowling" widows. When the message starts with "Hello Angel", or references hugs and kisses,I immediately roll my eyes. Do you really think that kind of crap is going to work?

I will say, they can be most amusing. Here's a recent one that was sent as a private message:

Hello,
How are you doing today.My name is Robert Williams, 50years old..I am new to facebook and i saw your profile which really caught my attention and i developed a special interest in you.I am a widowed/single man,loyal, responsible,active,loving, caring, kindhearted, accommodating and sexy.I want a woman with a good heart,one with good knowledge about love and who knows how a man is been treated,age or color difference do not matter to me at all,as long as she loves me,I want a relationship that will last forever and won't fade.Dear,you are such a lucky woman cos you are the only and first woman that has attracted me so far.I feel more comfortable talking to you now on yahoo messenger and my yahoo IM is (robertwantlove)

Give me your yahoo I.D and mine is robertwantlove@yahoo.com

I will be awaiting your swift response.

Hugs and Kisses,
Robert Williams .



I am such a lucky woman because I attracted him? Oh, gag me.

I wonder, do the widowers out there deal with this kind of stuff?

Oh, and robertwantlove, if you ever get around to reading this post, I just have one thing to say to you. Bite me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie,

    If you are getting these via Facebook, you may want to take a look at your security settings. When properly set, not just anybody can see all your personal data, photos and email address.

    When in doubt, I just ask a teenager. They all seem to be able to navigate around the settings intuitively.

    And NO, I have not gotten anything like this.

    The scary part is that someone out there might just fall for this lame line.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. I do know a few teenagers, so maybe that's the answer. LOL. You are right though...it is scary to think that someone could fall for this.

    ReplyDelete